Help Desk, Support Center and ITSM Consulting
… How May We Help You?
Are there opportunities to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and service quality of your help desk or support center, while reducing costs and increasing revenue? Our help desk and support center consulting services will help you increase productivity, drive revenue and reduce costs through improved technology, tools and processes in your support center.
Whether you are deploying a new help desk or support center, assessing your existing center for optimization, or working to communicate the value of your support operation to management and to customers, Optimal Connections has the experience and expertise to deliver!
Help Desk and ITSM Consulting Services
- IT Best-practices Assessment – Through a combination of stakeholder interviews, questionnaires, process effectiveness evaluations, formal gap analysis, and cultural readiness and documentation reviews, the in-depth ITSM Assessment shows you where you stand and identifies potential opportunities for improvement related to IT service delivery.
- ITSM Planning and Adoption – Develop the roadmap and plan for an ITSM initiative, including process, communication, training, organizational change and governance plans.
- Vision and Strategy Development – Often organizational change initiatives struggle because of a lack of clarity about the ‘why’. Clarity begins with developing a clear vision and mission aligned with the organization. This engagement delivers a powerful, clear vision statement, identifies the drivers for ITSM or IT governance implementation, defines goals and objectives, and establishes direction for your initiative.
- Service Desk Optimization – Ensure success through the design and implementation of effective service desk capabilities including contact management, knowledge management implementation, staffing and scheduling analysis, metrics and reporting, and training to enable your Service Desk to meet the needs of your customers and users.
- Service Management System Selection and Installation – From needs assessment, to developing an RFP, to assistance with vendor selection, to project management, we have the experience to minimize risk and ensure successful Service Desk / Support Center systems implementation.
- Service Level and Operating Level Agreements – We have experience in developing standard SLAs for customers, OLAs for internal groups, and Underpinning Contracts for 3rd party support providers. We’ll guide you in your planning and implementation of Service Level Management (SLM), so you can set the right targets with customers, user and staff, and consistently manage and exceed their expectations!
- Service and Support Center Marketing and Promotion – It has been said that “it doesn’t matter how good you are if no one hears about it”. We have extensive experience in developing and communicating the value of service and support to customers as well as internal management. From marketing plans, to creating user guides and brochures, to implementing self-service web portals – we’ll help you design and deliver the message to your management and your clients!
- Assistance with Process and Procedure Development (SOPs) – Well documented, quality policies and procedures are a mark of a best-in-class Service Desk or Support Center. They remove indecision, boost efficiencies, lower costs, and set a framework for expansion. A “process model” approach should be taken, to develop and mature process fully. Let us help you with implementing effective SOPs!
- Knowledge Management and Knowledgebase Implementation – Our consultants have been involved in planning and implementing some of the best examples of knowledge-driven service and support. Our principal consultant was involved in implementing one of the early cases studies of “Solution Centered Support” (later to become KCS or Knowledge Centered Support). Let us show you how it’s done.
- Developing A Measurements and Reporting Framework – If any area is crucial for an optimal performing service and support operation, it’s having the right metrics, KPIs and reporting in place. We’ll help you define, develop and optimize your metrics and reporting framework, based on ITSM and HDI best practices.
Why Optimal Connections?
- Experience – Paul M. Dooley, Optimal’s certified HDI Instructor and Auditor, has over 30 years of experience in the service and support industry – so you can be confident you are dealing with someone who has a great deal of experience and expertise when it comes to assessing and advising on call center operations.
- Certified Expertise – besides Bachelors and Master in Business Administration degrees, Paul holds Help Desk Manager and SCC Auditor certifications from HDI. In terms of ITIL, Paul holds nearly all the ITIL V3 certifications, including ITIL V3 Expert. He is also an active member of the HDI Orange County Chapter, itSMF Los Angeles LIG, as well as a frequent author and speaker.
- Quality Results – Paul has conducted the largest HDI Support Center Certification audit to date for HDI: a global SCC project encompassing eight support centers around the globe.
Consulting services pricing is based on client requirements and scope of work (except where standard pricing applies, such as surveys and support center assessments). A no-cost no-obligation needs analysis phone consultation is available to help determine your requirements.
Subsequent to definition of your requirements, a customized proposal and high level project plan will be delivered featuring scope of work, set pricing and delivery timeline. Consulting services may be also be secured in advance, as a contracted ‘block of consulting hours’, and then drawn against in the future as required. For a FREE needs analysis phone consultation please call 1 (949) 305-3544, or email us.