Help Desk / Support Center Assessment
How Does YOUR Support Center or IT Help Desk Stack Up? Find Out with a Support Center Assessment!
Are there opportunities to improve your IT help desk or customer support center? Are key enabling factors such as leadership, policy & strategy, people management, process and resources on track – enabling you to maximize productivity and minimize cost? How does you center stack up against the Help Desk Institute’s Support Center Certification standards? Is your support center a candidate for HDI certification?
Our Support Center Assessment (SCA) service is a cost-effective way to assess your support center – whether you have an internal Service Desk, help Desk, or a Customer Support Center. Identify opportunities for improvement, pinpoint areas of strength, and get a roadmap for improvement. Our assessment can also help you assess whether to move ahead with HDI Support Center Certification.
Support Center Assessment Key Features
- Comprehensive, professional assessment of your help desk or support center, resulting in an identification of strengths, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities
- Based on compliance with HDI’s World Class Support Center Certification (SCC) model and standards. The HDI SCC model is support center specific, but includes many of the standards from the latest
ITIL best-practice framework.
- Includes a preparation survey, three days of onsite assessment, and report presentation – the assessment is essentially a three-stage project, with remote or onsite presentation of findings and recommendations at the conclusion.
- Factors in all the key elements into the assessment:
During the assessment we look at all the critical elements for successful service delivery: people, process, and technology. The “scope” of the assessment will vary, depending on client requirements, but in all cases we will engage these sources:
1) Interviews of key support center stakeholders
2) Review of support center documentation
3) Observation of workflow processes
- Tells you how close your support center is to meeting industry standards, along with a road-map for improvement and eventual HDI Support Center Certification.
- Formal written report prepared and presented, enabling you to begin a process of optimization that will prepare you for eventual HDI Support Center Certification!
Why Choose Our Support Center Assessment?
- Delivers insight from a certified HDI Auditor – our Support Center Assessment is much more than a self-evaluation. You get a complete assessment and analysis of results, along with specific recommendations.
- A cost-effective approach – Our Support Center Assessment starts with a remote survey process, followed up by an onsite visit, detailed report, and presentation. You get a professional 3rd party assessment of your operations at a cost-effective price.
- Provides a Road Map to prepare your IT support center for eventual Support Center Certification. Learn about quick wins, as well as those opportunities that represent a great deal of value, but which must be planned for carefully.
- Equips you to address areas of opportunity, further optimizing operations – even if you choose not to proceed with HDI certification, the assessment delivers valuable guidance about where and how you can improve your IT operations.
Support Center Assessment Case Study
Sample Findings & Recommendations Report (abbreviated)
View Details of Previous Support Center Assessments
Support Center Assessments have been performed for medium to large organizations, including both public and private institutions. Some of our SCA engagements include such well known names as Yahoo!, New York Life, and Plantronics. Click here to view a comprehensive list of recent Support Center Assessments and Audits performed by Optimal Connections.
Why Choose Optimal Connections?
Experienced Consultants – Our principal consultants has over 30 years of experience in the service and support industry. So you can be confident you are dealing with someone who has a great deal of experience and expertise when it comes to assessing and advising on IT support center operations.
Qualifications – Our principal consultant holds Bachelors and Master in Business Administration degrees, as well as numerous industry certifications from HDI and ITIL (ITIL Foundation, Intermediate and Expert certifications). His wide body of experience, including instruction, audits, and consulting, provide you with quality recommendations you can put right to work.
Quality Results – Paul has conducted numerous IT and support center assessments and audits, including the largest HDI Support Center Certification audit to date: a global SCC project encompassing eight support centers around the globe.
Assessment Pricing and Delivery
Basic Help Desk or Support Center Assessment – starting at only $8,995
* one location, less than 50 support staff. Additional locations and staff may be included at a slight uplift in price. Travel expenses extra.
Request a Support Center Assessment Proposal
For more information, or to request a proposal for a Support Center Assessment, please call 1 (949) 305-3544, or email us at email@example.com. We will get back to you right away!