DevOps and ITSM Training
Product Type: DASA DevOps and ITSM Training
Course ID: DvOps1030
Duration: 1 Day
This 1-day training provides you with the basic knowledge required for the effective utilization of ITSM skill sets in any DevOps organization. The training focuses on the essential knowledge of the two different worlds, ITSM and DevOps, and how they complement each other. It helps you know how the DevOps movement fits perfectly with ITSM. The various group discussions and the case study are the primary ingredients of this course that help you understand a DevOps movement in an organization.
DevOps is gaining momentum, so why not consider this course before looking elsewhere for the DevOps movement in your organization. As DevOps is gaining momentum this course will prepare participants in aligning this new, agile way of thinking with the traditional ITSM processes.
- View the Sample Course Book: DevOps and ITSM Training – Course Book – Sample
- View the Sample Presentation: http://demos.itpreneurs.com/IGU/006147PPT_DEMO/
- Download the Fact Sheet: DevOps and ITSM Fact Sheet
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals whose role is affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps Engineers
- Product Owners
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Incident and Change Managers
- Other IT and Process Managers
- System Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Business Managers
- Automation Architects
- Enterprise Architects
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Relate and complement DevOps and ITSM.
- Describe DevOps.
- Discuss the value of ITSM in a DevOps environment.
- Explain how to utilize ITSM processes in DevOps teams.
- Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial
- For Participants
- Course Book (ebook or printed)
- For Instructors
Course Agenda: Day 1
- Introduction to the Training
- DevOps and ISM (ITIL(R))
- DevOps Journey Examples
- Contribution of ITIL (R) and DevOps
- DevOps Agile Skills Association
- Training Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Type of Activities
- Course Book
- Group Activity
DevOps and ITSM (ITIL®)
- ITIL Refresh
- Overview of ITIL® Key Lifecycle Phases and Outputs
- What is DevOps?
- Challenges Leading to DevOps
- A Brief History of DevOps
- How DevOps make it easy for a business to work with IT?
- How DevOps drives business performance?
- Why DevOps? (The Benefits)
- DevOps Core Principles
- Defining a DevOps Team
- DevOps Organization
- Activity-Focused vs. Product-Focused
- Automate Everything and Obtain Immediate Feedback
- Continuous Delivery
DevOps Journey Examples
- Different Starting Points
- DevOps Journeys
- Case Study: EJ Airways
- Group Discussion: DevOps Impact on EJ Airways
Contribution of ITIL® and DevOps
- ITIL® and DevOps Complement Each Other
- Positioning DevOps in ITSM Processes
- Why DevOps and ITIL® need each other?
- Realization of DevOps Teams Objectives Through ITIL®
- DevOps Teams in EJ Airways
- EJ Airways Baggage Handling System: Stop Your Work
- Group Discussion: ITSM Providing a Solid Base for DevOps in Operation
- Introduction Case for Design and Transition
- Group Discussion: ITSM Providing a Solid Base for DevOps in Design and Transition (Optional)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA)
- DASA Competence Framework
- DASA Mission
Course Specific Delivery Information:
- Course may be delivered on site, or virtually
- For onsite courses, acceptable facilities must be provided
- Virtual courses will be delivered over the interest, and will require a minimum class size and suitable PCs/laptops to participate
- There is no exam associated with this course
- There are no ITIL credits associated with this course
- Description: DevOps and ITSM Training
- Code: DvOps1030
- Pricing for the 1 day course is $199.00 USD per student, plus travel expenses if delivered onsite (course eBook is included in the price). Clients must provide for on-site faciliaites and meet requirements. If virtual delivery, all that is required is an acceptable PC or Laptop with internet connection and web-cam.
To Order and Schedule Your Course:
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
- Your contact information
- The number of students you would like to enroll (minimum class size is 6 students)
- Whether you prefer onsite or virtual delivery
- We will work with you to arrange for the class at a mutually agreeable time, and invoice your company or organization accordingly for fees and expenses.
Optimal Connections ITIL Accreditation Status
DASA ITIL Accreditation Status
Copyright © 2014 ITpreneurs. All rights reserved. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited