The “7 Steps to Exceptional Customer Service” is an article I wrote a few years ago, with truths that are even more relevant today…
We are in a New Business Environment!
- Due to the advent of the “global economy” and the Internet, customers have more choices than ever before – for products, services, support, training, etc.
- Expectations are higher, and unless their satisfied, clients may take their business elsewhere!
- And take note: only 3-5% of customers ever vocalize their concerns – if dissatisfied, they tend to take their business elsewhere at the next opportunity.
- It can cost a business up to 15 times more to acquire a new customer than to retain an existing customer
- Build customer satisfaction and loyalty that will result in high customer retention
- Differentiate yourself
- Provide VALUE to the customer
- Delight customers with exceptional service
High Customer Satisfaction is the Goal!
Customer satisfaction is the foundation upon which growth and profitability are achieved – the essential ingredient that ultimately defines business success.
Companies with satisfied, loyal customers enjoy greater customer retention, repeat business, higher margins, greater profits – and consequently, higher stock prices and earnings multiples than businesses that fail to retain and satisfy their customers.
The numbers tell the story:
- According to global business consulting firm Bain and Company, an increase in customer retention rates of just five percent improves profits by 25 percent to 95 percent!
- The logic behind this math is predicated on the fact that customer turnover is enormously expensive. The high cost of acquiring new customers can only be offset by maintaining profitable, long term relationships.
Display “Uncommon Courtesy” Toward Customers
- In most cases, a great customer service experience with a company or organization is the exception – this ought not to be! In restaurants, it’s unusual – and the basis of a high tip
- SO – providing exceptional customer service is an opportunity to set your company apart from the competition!
Learn the Seven Steps to Exceptional Customer Service:
- Research your customers to tailor your services
- GREET your customers – by name
- Show that you VALUE your customer
- Ask HOW you can help
- LISTEN carefully
- Help the customer by fulfilling their NEED
- Add the EXTRA TOUCH that invites them back!
Download the full article to get the full story: 7 Steps to Exceptional Service