Top Paying IT Certifications for 2017
Which certifications should be in your list of credentials based on salary? What’s the next up-and-coming certification? This article will help you answer both questions based on data from Global Knowledge’s 2017 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
The survey was distributed globally, but this article focuses on the United States data and variations exist based on where you work, your years of experience and the type of company you work for, but this is still helpful in deciding where to spend your time and money in earning additional certifications.
To qualify for this year’s list:
- A certification had to have at least 115 survey responses to ensure that the data was statistically valid.
- The certification exam had to be available as of the writing of this article.
1. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) – $131,298
2. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) – $128,156
3. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate – $125,091
4. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – $121,729
5. Project Management Professional (PMP®) -$119,349
6. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) -$115,471
7. Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V) -$105,086
8. ITIL® v3 Foundation – $103,408
9. VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) -$102,962
10. Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N) – $102,598
11. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Server Infrastructure -$101,150
12. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Windows Server 2008 – $99,558
13. Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA-V)- $99,411
14. Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching – $96,826
15. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Windows Server 2012- $93,718
If you’re looking to improve your skills and possibly your salary as well, these are some certifications you could pursue. Consider your current skill set and whether a related skill or a management skill may help power your career to the next level. For example, if you already know storage or networking, consider pursuing a certification in virtualization or cloud computing. Or, break out of your technical track and get on a management track by taking an ITIL or PMP course and getting certified in one of those areas.
Learn more about how you can improve productivity, enhance efficiency and sharpen your competitive edge through training.
Read the complete article at https://www.globalknowledge.com/us-en/content/articles/top-paying-certifications/?utm_source=newsletter-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p153-jan17-2017-article1-topcerts